Each year on the 1st Tuesday in October. the worldwide CXPA community, companies and CX advocates host events to recognise and celebrate the importance of customers, customer experience, and customer experience professionals. At 8am AEDT Australia kicked of celebrations with a virtual event with speakers from across Australia and overseas.
The theme for this year’s event was ‘CX is a Team Sport’. And it took great teamwork and commitment from volunteers to put together an event that included:
- A heartfelt and inspiring welcome to country from Rory O’connor, Director of Yugambeh Museum Language and Heritage Research Centre Kombumerri Aboriginal Corporation for Culture will perform the Ceremony.
- A panel discussion on the importance of CX in local government and serving the local community. On the panel were: Tracy Whitelaw, Chief Digital Officer – Local Government Association Queensland; Katie Barton-Harvey, Director Community Services Logan City Council; and Laurie Koranski, Councillor for Division 4 and Chairperson of the City Lifestyle Committee for Logan City Council.
- A presentation from Barbie Fink, CXPA Chair, who talked about the future of the CXPA and what’s coming up in 2022.
- Finally, Anita Siassios, CCXP, managing director of ManagingCX lead a discussion with the team that brought the experience economy to life:
- James Gilmore, co-author of Experience Economy
- Joseph Pine, co-author of Experience Economy
- Doug Parker, Managing Partner
The event in Australia was met with enthusiasm from attendees and presenters, generating a feeling of euphoria in relation to all things CX related. Events celebrating CX Day occurred all across the globe, encompassing Asia, Africa, Europe and America. Ultimately, these events are about recognising the role CX professionals play in creating great experiences for customers and employees within the organisations they work for.
Feedback from the event in Australia included:
“What a great event”
“Thanks for this event, certainly an inspiration and confirmation that this is a great community to be part of”
“An amazing session, thank you to everyone who presented”